Powered by Blogger.

Diaper Cake

>> Monday, July 19, 2010

My little sister is having a baby in about 3 weeks I'm so thrilled, I already have a nephew but he is my Brother-in-Law's boy so even though I love him very very much I can't compare the kind of love I feel for my blood nephew I have not met him yet only felt him move. I feel like I know him I can't wait to hold him and give him lots of love. I am gearing up for the many photo sessions I will have with him :) I love newborn sessions :D (will blog on that soon). so In preparation for my sister's baby shower this Friday I made my first diaper cake!!! after rolling 84 size 2 diapers I must say my hands are tired but the result is well worth it.

Ingredients:

box of diapers your choice brand and size, bigger diapers you will need less, and smaller diapers more.



scissors and scotch tape


paper  any kind ( I used my printer paper) cut in strips and then those strips cut in half



 ribbon

the first thing you will have to do is roll the diapers, start with the top part of the diaper facing you and the front to the bottom of the table like this:



then you will place a strip of paper under the rolled diaper, and wrap it around finishing with a piece of tape




roll all the diapers this way how many will depend on the size of your diaper cake

from there the next step would be making the "layers" for that you simply make a circle with the diapers I started with 7 and wrapped a paper around them then add more to make a bigger circle, wrap and tape the paper to look like  like this:


Now stack your layers from largest to smallest like this ( I added a bottle to the to player as a "cake topper" but you can add anything) :


Lastly you will wrap ribbon around the layers to hide the paper, and decorate with baby items like this :


there's always room for improvement but I like how fun this one turned out.

5 comments:

Morgan July 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

Look at you! So cute, and informative :)

Purple Dreams July 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

Aww, that's cute!

Ilse July 21, 2010 at 1:26 AM  

Wow thats cute ! Even better that you made it you're self !

Emma July 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

Good job! Such a great present.

Brenda July 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

awww this came out great!!!

Followers

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP