Powered by Blogger.

Let me put it simple...go out and get what YOU want.

>> Friday, July 16, 2010

In 2009 around the month of April I got permission from my dear hubby to purchase a "high ticket" item, I was faced with a tough decision new computer or a highly desired new digital camera. I was a little stumped I surely needed both but only had the funds for one. A little thinking and a big push from my online friend Margarita sent me in the right direction. I bought a DSLR, because I knew I could take the photos that the "Pros" can! bah anyone with a good camera can churn out great photos!! BOY was I wrong! in the beginning there was NOTHING but disappointment. After a ton of reading, researching and mostly practicing I can now say I know how to work my Canon XSi, and I know it's capabilities and it's limitations, as well as my own. It's always great to push the boundaries and and to set new standards for myself though to keep my mind alert and eager to learn more. I am a firm believer that you can never have too much knowledge.

I have a million more miles to ride on the journey to discovering my true potential as a photographer but I know for sure that this is my vocation, and I will spend the rest of my life perfecting my craft. This is what I want.

Thanks for dropping by to read my first post of many to come, as I continue to grow as a photographer. Stay tuned for the silly, the pretty, the breath taking, the inspiring, and some of the not so great, images that I collect through the viewfinder of my beloved DSLR.

2 comments:

Mags July 17, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

What a great post, your site looks great! Mine is boring compared to yours.. :) You made me tear up when I read this. Online friend; in person friend, one in the same for me. You are even better of a friend than some of my friends that I see. Keep up the great work; your passion is a beautiful thing and it reflects in your pictures!

Jacky Martinez July 17, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

thanks so much! we are soooo close girlie we need to get together one of these days for sure:)I'm sure the kids would get along just great and it would be fun!!

Followers

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP